I wanted to take a moment to wish you all a Happy Mothers Day!
Here is a simple craft idea and a wonderful brunch recipe.
Perhaps for you to make or, even better, for someone else to make for you.
The herb Thyme wrapped in old sewing pattern tissue.
This would make a sweet little gift with the Thyme like I have here or some fresh flowers or
even another type of herb, even a bouquet of several different types of flowers and herbs.
Simply fold the tissue into a square, I like to use 2 layers of tissue per square, roll and fold diagonally, tie with a pretty ribbon, burlap, raffia,
or a pretty piece of fabric or scrap of lace.
This is a picture of some I had made and sold in my shop The Victorian Tailor at the Maple Street Mall, in Mason.
I will have more in on Thursday of this week as well.
Here is a great recipe,
Shrimp Salad in a Lemon Basket
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 medium lemons
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 12 sprigs fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; whisk in mayonnaise. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until partially set.
- Cut lemons in half; juice lemons, reserving 3 tablespoons juice (save remaining juice for another use). Scoop out and discard pulp. With a sharp knife, cut a thin slice off the bottom of each lemon basket so it sits flat; set aside.
- Set aside 2 dozen shrimp for garnish; chop remaining shrimp. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, olives, sugar, horseradish, salt, paprika and reserved lemon juice; fold into gelatin mixture. Fold in chopped shrimp and whipped cream.
- Spoon into lemon baskets. Garnish with parsley and reserved shrimp. Chill until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
I am looking forward to a relaxing Mothers Day, sit in the garden with a cup of coffee, spend time or talk on the phone with my wonderful children,
and grandchildren. Time with them, nothing fancy, that is all I need. To me I have Mothers Day everyday, just knowing they are all healthy and
happy. I’m sure many of you feel the same. So whatever you will be doing take time to remember how blessed you are.