Two white paper plates
- Crayons or colored markers
- White construction paper
- Wiggle eyes
Cut one paper plate a little more than in half.
On the trimmed paper plate, glue two wiggle eyes and draw on a nose,
muzzle and whiskers. (Check our picture for details).
Cut out two ears from the white construction paper. Color the inside of the ear pink.
Glue the ears to the inside of the trimmed paper plate.
Staple the two paper plates together.
We cut a handle from the second paper
plate, but you could easily make the ears long enough to staple to the second
paper plate to form a handle.
These Carrots look sooooo good!
poundssmall carrots with tops
cupshelled unsalted pistachios
cupbutter (no substitutes)
cuppacked brown sugar
- 1 1/2
teaspoonssnipped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Trim carrots, leaving about 1/2-inch tops. Combine water and salt in a 12-inch skillet; bring to boiling. Add carrots; return to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots are just tender. Drain carrots in a large colander; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place pistachios in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in the heavy skillet. Add brown sugar and thyme, stirring over medium heat until sugar is melted. Add drained carrots. Bring just to boiling. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally just until well-glazed, about 10 minutes.
5. Transfer carrots to a serving bowl or platter. Sprinkle with toasted pistachios. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
I wish for you all a blessed and happy spring! Enjoy the wonderful weather and have a safe season.
Untill next time, take care